The LGBT community has been through so much the past years. Here are statistics from different aspects of their lives.
There's the sad facts..
- Your friends and colleagues can be legally fired or evicted in 29 states just for being gay
- Laws don’t protect gay kids from bullying in 30 states
- 80% of gay and lesbian youth report severe social isolation
- 40% of homeless kids identify as LGBT
- Same-sex couples are denied a whopping 1,138 federal rights that straight couples have, if they live in one of the 31 states where they can't get married
- Gay, lesbian and bisexual kids are 4x more likely to attempt suicide than straight kids
- LGBT youth are twice as likely as their peers to say they have been physically assaulted, kicked or shoved at school.
- Gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth were more likely to report using tobacco, marijuana, and cocaine before 13 years of age.
But there's also happy facts!